Thursday, March 5, 2009

Objectivity

The nature of this blog differs from others in the fact that it was never about the actions of the creator but more about his views and opinion on a particular subject. In doing so, I have been careful to avoid, as much as possible, using the possesive pronouns such as I and us.


However, such a level of objectivity, so it seems, constricts thought and expressiveness. It is becoming increasingly difficult to speak about distinct experiences and opinions. Almost always such a discussion deserves to begin with the self, because the perception of this universe begins from the self. Any observation that I make and the consequent opinion that I create can best be expressed without diluting what I mean when recounted in the first person.


If at all anyone reads this and the other posts that have been written with a certain measure of objectivity and feels that the following posts lack in any way please do leave a comment and I will try my best to satisfy your request. Also note that I can so brazenly put forth such a proposition because of my faith in the lack of people reading my posts.


Despite my attempt to simplify my language and widen my audience, I want to make it known that the blog is more for my future recollection of thoughts than for the reading pleasure of the people who make the number on the right side tick. If you really don't like what I write, please do let me know, but also note that I am not writing for you. That still doesn't mean that I will not change something for your comment. Yes, I know, this last paragraphs confuses me too, but it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment